Deliverable; David's focus will be to future proof your business against Macro trends. De-risking against shocks and finding new opportunities and strategies for growth.
David’s broad professional experience David’s expertise has broad applications across a range of Company activities to optimise profitability: from asset management including Private Equity Funds; the commodity sector covering large, medium and small scale organisations,from the oil industry to banks, hedge funds, and Private Equity, coupled with his entrepreneurial success, have given him a unique perspective on the key essential elements that make a business successful. He then couples this with his five-phase model of human organisations. This includes;
- The cycle of corporate evolution and structure, especially the nature of leadership
- Innovation and business development:
- Right brain creative versus left brain linear dynamics
Macro risk assessment: David believes that success is the product of an effective business plan well executed , coupled with the macro context within which the business resides. In today's dynamic, geopolitical world, understanding the exterior shocks that may impact a business, are critical to success and in some cases survival. And yet very few companies have access to David’s level of expertise, which is necessary to make such judgments effectively. His theories that are articulated in BREAKING THE CODE OF HISTORY have clear applications to the bigger geopolitical environment. These Macro Risk Factors and Mitigations fall into two areas.
- General risk factors; i.e global slowdowns, political upheaval and a US-Chinese bifurcation of the world.
- Special company risk factors: input/output prices and geopolitical supply chain risks.
- David has been advising Western companies to pull out of China over the past fours years, recognising that making money in partnership with the Chinese was not going to be easy with its heightened sense of nationalism. Ultimately as the trade war became white-hot, China and the West were going to bifurcate, with investors trapped on the wrong side of a new iron curtain.
- From 2015 onwards David has been advising that Britain was going to leave the EU, and that companies should expect a no-deal.
- The management of currency and interest rate risk (i.e sterling /dollar low), and the timing of equity and bond fundraising.
David is able to advise as either a board member or as an appointed special advisor to boards or senior management. To explore how David can apply his expertise to your organisation please email the following: engage David